Thank you for thinking of fundraising for the HMSA, we are grateful for anything you can do for us!
If you are not sure where to start then take a look at the ‘Getting Involved’ page.
Here are some fundraising ideas:
- Afternoon tea (put the kettle on and get baking; entertain guests with raffles, auctions, tombolas and music)
- Book / comic sale (sell old books collected from everyone you know; book dealers may buy leftover stock.)
- Bouncy castle (a great way to keep kids entertained at bigger family events)
- Car washing
- Casual / Dress-Down day for the office.
- Charity push (get sponsored to cover a set distance in a bed, shopping trolley, bathtub, wheelie bin etc.)
- Coffee morning (It is open house for the morning; make extra with raffles, bring and buy sales, cake stalls)
- Computer and Game Console knockouts / play-off (organise a league of players and compete on a certain game; fee for entrants)
- Dry cornflakes / cracker eating competition
- Fireworks party (firework displays are massive fundraisers; but be sure to be safe)
- Garage sale / Household sale (sell off all your unwanted belongings)
- Junk mail (collect all your junk mail and sell it to a recycling company)
- New Year’s Eve dance / party
- Pub games night (stage a championship of traditional pub games – darts, skittles, dominoes, cards etc.)
- Quizzes (if your local doesn’t run a pub quiz, set one up; test the regulars on pop trivia or sport)
- Raffle (ask local firms to donate prizes and sell tickets; but check raffle laws with the HMSA)
- Recipe book (publish favourite recipes from local restaurants and chefs)
- Recycling (collect paper, aluminium, glass etc., and sell to recycling companies)
- Sponsored silence
- Swap shop (put unwanted items in touch with loving homes; charge a fee for swappers to participate)
- Swear box (spend £1 for every “$%*!” uttered; with a box at home, at work, and at the pub)
- Wine and cheese tasting evening (ask supermarkets to donate the wine and cheese).
Safety comes first! Please always make sure you have the necessary insurances and permissions to do any fundraising activity.